Link to apply:
Reports to Program Manager
The Program Coordinator works with ProsperUS Detroit and its partners to provide administrative support and to coordinate aspects of the entrepreneur training program. Daily functions include but are not limited to program administration, executive assistance, outreach and communication to program participants and partners, event planning and implementation, and other responsibilities as assigned. The role requires flexibility in schedule, with evening hours periodically.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/ CORE POSITION COMPETENCIES: (A Core Competency is the demonstrated ability to carry out the primary responsibilities of the job)
- Work with Program Manager to implement entrepreneur training, including:
- Collecting and reviewing applications
- Coordinating and participating in information sessions, interviews, and classes
- Communicating regularly with partners and program participants
- Presenting material on other aspects of ProsperUs when appropriate
- Supporting data collection and program evaluation
- Organize, update, and maintain information in client-management software.
- Provide administrative assistance including but not limited to:
- Supporting Executive Director with meeting scheduling, communications with stakeholders, and other administrative functions and written communications
- Supporting the planning and record-keeping for committee and board meetings
- Processing invoices and payments
- Maintaining and ordering supplies and subscriptions
- Planning and ordering meals for events and meetings
- Support with general communications, including but not limited to:
- Understanding all staff functions and directing inquiries appropriately
- Responding to inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Effectively communicate with strategic partners when appropriate
- Support the management of ProsperUs’ digital presence
- Flexibility in days and hours available for scheduled workload, including flexibility with office space accommodations and ability to travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager and Directors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work at general direction of Program Manager and Directors while independently developing and completing on various tasks.
- Ability to support effective communication with multiple stakeholders with strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and writing skills.
- Ability to manage time, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Skilled use of computer software, including email, calendar, Microsoft Office Suite, and databases.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills. Experience with people of color and/or immigrant groups.
- Fluency in Spanish or Arabic preferred.
- Ability to adhere to ProsperUs policies, procedures, and code of ethics.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess at least 2 years relevant experience
- High school diploma/GED in required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Interest and experience working in Detroit’s neighborhoods and with people of color.
- Ability to work from office or remotely, with ability to travel throughout Detroit to various locations as needed.
- Sitting, standing, walking, driving, repeated hand and wrist motions (for use of computers, phones, and other office equipment). Ability to tolerate varied weather conditions when travelling within community.
Link to apply: